12.28.2005

Will the music industry change its mind?

BBC News has a fair-minded article about the attitudes of file-sharers vs. the attitude of the RIAA and other music industry political organizations.

Personally, I don't intend to purchase any major label music until the industry starts selling Non-DRM mp3 or Ogg Vorbis files. I have no problem with paying for music. I routinely pay for albums which I've downloaded first, if I enjoy them. I also routinely purchase indie label CDs. I occasionally burn playlists for or share playlists with friends. I keep my music collection in mp3 format. The mobility and ease of use of digital music has moved me almost entirely away from Compact Discs. Until the music industry clues in to the way I use music, I will not support their endeavors to control my music listening habits.

In short, I value my freedom to control my music far more than I value the success of the music industry. They'd better learn that the customer is always fucking right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home